Flared loop insert has a ring pillar resistance that is welded to the coil.This increase in capacity is achieved by welding the second loop to the same coil.By adding additional loops, the cross-section area of the reinforced concrete is doubled and the area of the shear cone is increased.The design of the B17 insertion leaves an open space between the two loops allowing B17 to insert "straddling" bars or prestressed stocks.The standard size is shown in the chart and other dimensions can be provided in a special order. Insertion of minimum spacing is twice the minimum angular distance.
1. Numbers shown are based on minimum concrete strength of 3,000 PSI.
2. Safe working loads are based on 2:1 safety factor for forming and 4:1 safety factor for tension and shear.
3. Inserts must have a 1/2" setback from the surface of the concrete and sufficient coil penetration by the lifting bolt.
4. Minimum concrete thickness = L + setback + 3/4” clear cover.
5. Minimum edge distance apply to 2 edges only. All other edges require 2x length of insert.
6. Coil Inserts & Ties are available in plain, hot dip galvanize, or stainless steel finish.
PACKAGE OF PRODUCT